50lb wing for doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much do you weigh, and what kind of exposure protection are you wearing?

Without knowing any of that... I'd still say, it's probably more than enough lift though.

I just bought a hog 50lb wing for double hp100's. do you think that is more than adequate for the lift capacity? I'm also using a aluminum backplate. Any thoughts?

I dive hp100s, steel backplate and a 60lb wing in a drysuit with a heavy undergarment, and find that it is a little too much lift. Not sure if that helps you, but at least it is somewhat relevant info :)

I use a halcyon Evolve BC 60 and it is a more than enough lift for both my HP 100 or my HP 130 doubles and the rest of my kit including deco bottles. You can alway do the math of looking at the buoyancy of each component and checking to see if it is enough, or you can inflate the wing with your kit and see if it is positive at the surface. A 50 lb lift wing is a good place to start with HP100, if you are looking to add 130s or deco bottles you may need a little more. Also be aware of any "tacoing" of the wing that may be an issue. I know while caving my evolve 60 is a little too much when diving with AL80s..

Seems like 50lb wing for steel 100s should be good, unless you are extremely negative yourself and wear minimal buoyancy. A Halcyon 55lb Explorer works fine for my double HP 130s on an AL plate--floats the rig when full at the surface if I take it off, ditto on floating me in a 3mm at the surface with full rig.

Using a 3mm wetsuit, I weigh 220 last time I checked

The wing should be ok I was using 50lb with an HP100 but man you must be overweight big time even in salt water if those tanks are worthingtons.
I used them with a steel plate and a 24lb buoyant dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom