5 days of diving in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdfmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you had 5 days of diving in Bali, first week of October, where would you choose to dive? A good combo of the best reefs, macro, pelagics etc. Where would you stay?

Would you only do 2 a day or push it to 3 and a couple of night dives? Where for the night dives?

Cool places with a fun after dive atmosphere go to the front of the list. But still a nice Balinese cultural experience. Asking for too much?

If you want to go to Bali and party down, that means Kuta. But even if Kuta is in Bali, it's hardly a "Balinese cultural experience." No diving there. You could stay in Sanur and party in Kuta, but then your dive options would be day boats to the Nusa Penida/Lembongan area, or a 2-4 hour car ride to Padang Bai or Tulamben.

If you want to dive for five days, stay in Padang Bai and/or Tulamben. Excellent diving both places, and an hour apart by car. Shore diving in Tulamben, plenty of day boats in Padang Bai. Night life in Tulamben ... zip. In Padang Bai, you can go out to dinner or hang out in the hippie joint at the end of town.

Or you could stay in Lovina on the north coast and dive Menjangan, Pemuteran, and Secret Bay. Haven't done that one myself, but I understand Lovina is at least awake into the evening.

I'd still vote for Padang Bai/Tulamben for a mix of muck and pelagics.

Last edited:
Staying around Padang Bai would allow combining day trips to both coral reef diving (Tulamben, Amed) and pelagics (Gili tepekong/Mimpang and also across Nusa Penida channel)

I have to add my vote for Padang Bai. We were very happy with Absolute Scuba.

Many thanks ScubaJS, happy diving! :snorkel2:

Thanks for the info so far.

But I'd love to see your lists of dive sites recs for the five days.

Wouldn't you want a change of scenery also?

We are looking more for some type of safari or at least staying in two different areas. Please no dive op recs.

We'd like to see a bit of Bali.

I suggest to stay in Padang bay or Candi dasa. Both locations are in the midst of access from the dive sites in Bali and also close to other tourist object. I'm sure it can meet what you want, diving and could see the art and culture in Bali. thank you so much because you have a plan to visit Bali.

I'm thinking of staying at Tulamben for two nights and two days of diving. Other than Liberty and Sereya what would you guys recommend for 3 more dives? Also, any great night dives in the area.

Then We'll move to Padang bai and do the Gili tepekong/Mimpang dives with BLue Lagoon night dive and the last two days We'll do Nusa Penida. What 4 dives would you want to do there. Would you do 4 different dives or repeat one or two sites?

Any recommendations on nice places to stay in Padang Bai? Around 50-75USD.

Thanks for the help so far.

We had an excellent night dive right in front of Matahari Resort in Tulamben, which I would also recommend as a place to stay. Don't remember the name of that dive site. The dive guide Ketut at Matahari did a great job of finding critters.

Absolute Scuba can handle everything in Padang Bai ... diving, hotel, pool, bar, restaurant.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom