5-Day Liveaboards???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba.gator

Reaction score
An anyone tell me if there are any companies offering less than 7-day liveaboards? I'm especially interested in 5-day opportunities. It is very difficult for me to set aside a full 7 days but I've heard so much about liveaboards, I'm anxious to try one.

I live in Atlanta so if there are any in the Bahamas, that would be perfect.

Thanks for any info that anyone might be able to provide.

-SG

I think Blackbeards is the only op that does shorter trips. Other than that, you are probably out of luck. They have moved to Nassau I think so you will need to check airfare to that area.
Nekton runs Sat to Sat and goes out of Ft. Lauderdale during the summer. You might want to check that out. If you are doing a liveaboard you have to realize that you are losing some time in travel out to dive areas the first day and back on last day - a 5-day trip wouldn't be as good as a 7-day.

just my 2 cents.

scuba.gator:
An anyone tell me if there are any companies offering less than 7-day liveaboards? I'm especially interested in 5-day opportunities. It is very difficult for me to set aside a full 7 days but I've heard so much about liveaboards, I'm anxious to try one.

I live in Atlanta so if there are any in the Bahamas, that would be perfect.

Thanks for any info that anyone might be able to provide.

-SG

N.E.Australia has plenty of other than 7 day liveaboards. 2 day, 3 day, 4day, 5 day, 7 day, 10 day, 14 day.

Ultimate Getaway (to Tortugas out of Ft Myers) does 4-5 night trips
Blackbeards (out of Freeport, Bahamas) does short trips
Gulf Stream Eagle (out of Jupiter? FL) does short trips
Playmate (out of Key West) does short trips.

In california, there are some short trips to the Channel Islands.
In Texas there are short trips to the Flower gardens.

www.paradisecharters.com
www.gulfstreameagle.com

Both leave from South Florida and run across the Gulfstream. Both do long-weekend trips, primarily in the "shoulder" seasons, Spring and Fall. Both would prefer to book week-long itineraries as they make more money and the divers perceive that it is cheaper per day (since there are more days to spread the high costs of fuel and Bahamas cruising permits). Both are good.

Hi SG .. It may be a little far for you , but we have several 3-4 day:wink: live-aboards in Thailand for the Similan Islands , best diving in Thailand .... best time Nov.-April

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom