5/3 pics - wrecks off Kingston, Jamaica.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Finally got the chance to dive with my cam and housing earlier and here are the results..
I see a larger percentage of keepers as compared to my first attempt a few weeks back.
Wrecks of Edina & Cayman Trader.

Comments & critique welcome...

Butter hamlet - Lots better as compared to my indigo hamlet shot before.

IMG_2770-edited.jpg

Propellor of Edina wreck

IMG_2716-edited.jpg

Massive crab that I noticed hiding underneath the wreck

IMG_2701-edited.jpg

Striped grunt - This came out better than I had hoped

IMG_2730-edited.jpg

Inverted hull of Edina

IMG_2727-edited.jpg

Sunball - Still can't get the hang of this, taken at 1/1250s

IMG_2754-edited.jpg

Sea fan swaying in the current

IMG_2835-edited.jpg

Anemone - Out of focus :(, which is a bit suprising as it seemed in focus on the lcd monitor

IMG_2821-edited.jpg

Overall i'm fairly pleased with the progress made and lessons learnt.
Some shots still elude me, fish portaits for example but I put that down to inexperience and the skittish nature of most fish around here.
Anyway as they say practice makes perfect and I intend to get a lot of practice in, :14:.

The rest of my pics can be seen here - http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1595

Very good! I am playing with the sunball thing too, easier on cloudy days. way to go. nice anemone too.

I really like your seafan picture. Really cool. Nice shots. I am a point and hope it comes out type photographer. Not really into the awesome type photography that Catherine, JustLeesa and many others here do, but I enjoy looking at pictures so keep sending them. I will take my time on some pictures, but I hate messing with the settings so I just point and snap.

Melissa

Very nice.

What f stop did you use on the sunball? You have some good rays happening there already...I'd be trying to go up higher on the f stop if possible (and higher on shutter if possible, not sure what the top one is for that camera).

Remember on sunballs: a) they are tough; b) it's a combination of the right settings AND the right conditions so some days it's just not going to happen; c) putting something (like a diver or fish or part of a reef/wreck) in the sun ball will help spread those rays out.

Looking great!!!

alcina:
Very nice.

What f stop did you use on the sunball? You have some good rays happening there already...I'd be trying to go up higher on the f stop if possible (and higher on shutter if possible, not sure what the top one is for that camera).
Thanks for that tip. Never thought about upping the f stop too. Always thought it was just the shutter speed.

Very nice Jam...

The only comment I would make, is to try to get more of the anenome like a little of it's surroundings. Since you're shooting in MP's you can always crop in (for posting on the web) if you zoom out too much.

But that's just my opinion.

alcina:
Very nice.

Remember on sunballs: a) they are tough; b) it's a combination of the right settings AND the right conditions so some days it's just not going to happen; c) putting something (like a diver or fish or part of a reef/wreck) in the sun ball will help spread those rays out.

Looking great!!!

Thanks alcina, I shot it in 'shutter priority' mode, that's tv mode, um the fstop that the camera assigned was f6.3.
I'll keep all of this in store for next time I try a shot like that :)...

Thanks howarde you make a good point, i'll try something like that next time..

Back
Top Bottom