4th of July Dive weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got back from an Oriskany trip this morning. Was a great trip with Capt. Rob on the Niuhi Dive Charter. We got out to the O this morning and dropped in for our first dive went down deeper on this dive to 120fsw and started working our way back up. Got to see an Octopus towards the top of the wreck in a tube. There were a couple lobsters that we saw as well. Saw a baby arrow crab in with some sea urchins and there were a couple good sized ones in the bridge. Also the normal barracuda's and amber jacks were plenty. Was a great way to get back on the O after not being down here for the past three years. We got back up and had a good surface interval and it seemed like all the boats were out on the O today. Went down for a second dive to about 106fsw and more of the same with fish everywhere down there. Had a good sized (4-5ft) barracuda come nose to nose with me when I looked away from the Octopus.

I have to say that it is great diving with Capt. Rob this is my second charter with them and I cannot be any happier. He is willing to accommodate nearly anything. We had a couple of tec divers with us today, and the last time we had a boat full of spear fishers and he dropped us right on the fish. If you are looking for a charter out of Pensacola check out Capt Rob on the Niuhi.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom