4E (Double Wide) Boots and Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kirsten78

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!
I’ve been dating a really great guy and he is willing to try Scuba because I love it!

We have one stumbling block...He wears a size 13 4E shoe and I have zero idea where to start to even find a good fit in boots and fins. I have a wide foot too, but not that wide and I’ve struggled finding a good one for me too!

I've looked in Scubaboard and the only posts I’ve seen are 5-15 years old. I’m hoping maybe something new has made it to the market since then! Any help is appreciated!

turtle fins in 2XL or 3XL, basically a wide foot version of the jetfin

unfortunately, the 2XL eddy fin is not really extra wide, just big and might be a bit too tall.

XS Scuba Turtles and Hollis F1 fins seem to have the biggest foot pockets..

You must look into fourth element, sizes are broad and bigger than the numbers suggest.

My feet are 15 2E and getting wider..

In a full foot, I rented some “Snorkel Bob’s” in Hawaii years ago that actually fit! I bought a brand new pair from them and still use them.

The other day I ordered Scubapro Go travel fin in XX-Large, and a pair of Scubapro Go sport fins in X-Large. One apparently you wear boots with and the other you don’t. Maybe they will fit, I’ll see, and return one or both pair.

having non standard foot size is very difficult with fins. Good luck.

How cold is the water you'll be diving in? If it's warm enough, you can use some open-heel fins either barefoot, with a neoprene sock or a very minimal boot.

For example, my son also wears 13 wide, he's currently using these 2mm slip on booties Mares 2mm Equator Boot with XL Scubapro Go Sports fins.

Back
Top Bottom