4C and/or 4D lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi;

I'm thinking of picking up an inexpensive light for the occasional night dive in open water, mostly Cozumel dives. I'm looking at the UK 4C, the corresponding princeton tec (maybe called mini wave?) and one of those companies also makes a 4D cell light. I'm leaning towards the UK 4c as it's really inexpensive ($30 at leisurepro)

My questions are, does anyone have any experience or recommendation about these particular lights, and is getting the more expensive LED version worth it? Is the light on the LEDs more intense, better color, or is it mostly about burn time and lamp life?

Thanks!!

Matt

mattboy:
Hi;

I'm thinking of picking up an inexpensive light for the occasional night dive in open water, mostly Cozumel dives. I'm looking at the UK 4C, the corresponding princeton tec (maybe called mini wave?) and one of those companies also makes a 4D cell light. I'm leaning towards the UK 4c as it's really inexpensive ($30 at leisurepro)

My questions are, does anyone have any experience or recommendation about these particular lights, and is getting the more expensive LED version worth it? Is the light on the LEDs more intense, better color, or is it mostly about burn time and lamp life?

Thanks!!

Matt

I actually own both the Sunlight C4 and the C8 LED (same as C4... just bigger). The LED is TOTALLY worth the extra $$$. I use mine a lot, even during the day when I'm lobstering. Switching from LED to the nonLED is almost as if the batteries are dying. One of my partners actually proceeded directly to the dive shop after diving with my LED to purchase his own.

Do yourself a favor and look at flashlights.com. By far the best deals on both UK and Princeton that I've found.... unfortunately I did not know about this at the time of my purchase.

Thanks, but I went to the flashlights.com website and did not see either UK or princeton tec, then called them and they said "no dive lights"

I'll keep looking; thanks again.

I have a C4 eLED - it's a great light for rec diving. I have used a regular C4 and the LED version is worth it, imho.

I just ordered the C4 LED from LP. I was going to just get the C4 for $29 (as opposed to $79 at my LDS, I wonder if those guys will ever get a clue) but then LP has a special; free shipping on orders over $50. Ironically, the C8 LED was cheaper ($49) than the C4 LED ($62) but I really wanted the smaller light.

Sooo...what started as a quest to get a light that would pay for itself in one trip (cozumel rental prices for lights are high, like $10/dive due in part to the difficulty of disposing of batteries in the area) ended up costing me more, as usual, but it'll still pay for itself within a year I bet. Thanks for the info on the lights!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom