46mm vs 67mm port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How big of an issue is it having a housing with a 46mm threaded por vs 67mm? Aree there equally good WA and macro lenses available for both sizes (I know there are many for the 67mm)

How big of an issue is it having a housing with a 46mm threaded por vs 67mm? Aree there equally good WA and macro lenses available for both sizes (I know there are many for the 67mm)

No.

If you are looking at Ikelite, some of their housings have a 47mm port. This gives the possible advantage of using either of two--TWO--2- different adapter assemblies they make. One converts the 47mm to 67mm threaded, the other converts 47mm to Inon AD bayonet.

You can possibly use step up rings from 47 to 67, I don't like that solution myself.

The 67mm port housings Ikleite makes generally work OK with 67mm threaded lenses, A Series Canons etc. There are no blanket answers, sorry. Get specific and using my magic slide rule I might be able to answer with a 60% degree of certainty. Ikelite has a chart that breaks some of this down and their chart is about 90% accurate, kinda.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom