46 year old male diver dies Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conditions were pretty mild last weekend and that is generally a tame OW training site, i'm suspecting a cardiac event. Either way tragic loss =(

Conditions were pretty mild last weekend and that is generally a tame OW training site, i'm suspecting a cardiac event. Either way tragic loss =(
There's exactly ZERO information about the diver other than that they are dead. No one knows if this was buddy separation, panicky diver making rapid ascent, out-of-air, animal attack. So where do you come up with heart attack? There's zero evidence to back that up other than pure speculation which really does nobody any good. You might as well speculate aliens using a death ray. There's nothing indicating that either. And to be clear, I'm not saying that it COULDN'T be a heart attack, just that there's no a scintilla of evidence to point anyone in that direction.
(Off my soapbox . . . for now.) :)

Nothing at all to show cause.

There's exactly ZERO information about the diver other than that they are dead. No one knows if this was buddy separation, panicky diver making rapid ascent, out-of-air, animal attack. So where do you come up with heart attack? There's zero evidence to back that up other than pure speculation which really does nobody any good. You might as well speculate aliens using a death ray. There's nothing indicating that either. And to be clear, I'm not saying that it COULDN'T be a heart attack, just that there's no a scintilla of evidence to point anyone in that direction.
(Off my soapbox . . . for now.) :)
I say we blame dolphins.

I really have nothing to add. Us residents got an emergency notification via text from the Police Department that a rescue helicopter was responding to a scuba diver rescue at Shaws Cove. At that time it was really nasty storm surf, huge rip tides and zero viz along the south-facing beaches here in Laguna. Shaws was pretty rough when I saw it, but I didn't get down there until later that evening while on a walk. Can't speak of conditions at the time. My condolences to the family. M

I really have nothing to add. Us residents got an emergency notification via text from the Police Department that a rescue helicopter was responding to a scuba diver rescue at Shaws Cove. At that time it was really nasty storm surf, huge rip tides and zero viz along the south-facing beaches here in Laguna. Shaws was pretty rough when I saw it, but I didn't get down there until later that evening while on a walk. Can't speak of conditions at the time. My condolences to the family. M

That’s crazy the conditions changed that much, I was out there early for a gear test dive and it was fine. Didn’t know the conditions had changed that much since the early morning.

Small update, diver was with a buddy, was an AOW diver, buddy reported diver having issues with their BCD prior to being separated.

So I’ll eat crow and acknowledge I jumped to a conclusion.

Source: 12ft |

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom