400' SS Tahoe dive (Summer 2002)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's too bad someone can't move her to a more reasonable depth, it would make a perfect dive if it weren't for the depth. but on the other hand, at least she stay intact at the depth she's in now. A beutiful ship to say the least.

She was scuttled by her owners in 1940. The intent was to sink her in 100' of water, but it didn't work out that way. And yes, she is in near perfect shape in the 38 degree lake water.

boomx5:
Do you know of any other "diveable" wrecks around Lake Tahoe?
As far as those in Tahoe (sorry ... couldn't resist), none worth diving that I know of. Of course I know about a small sailboat that sunk (might qualify for a wreck dive with a not to be mentioned agency), but that's about it.

It seems as if I remember reading about an old paddle wheeler that was sunk in Emerald Bay that is diveable...? It is only accesible by boat as I recall.
Let me do some searches and see if I can come up with the info.

It is called Hurricane bay....There used to be a resort (town and Country?)of some kind right across the street. The little sailboat is in about 57 feet of water. The keel is facing the shore and the top of the boat is on it's side towards deeper water. Kinda nice little dive. Look for crayfish under the boat.

seavonj:
It is called Hurricane bay....There used to be a resort (town and Country?)of some kind right across the street. The little sailboat is in about 57 feet of water. The keel is facing the shore and the top of the boat is on it's side towards deeper water. Kinda nice little dive. Look for crayfish under the boat.

Town And Country is an interesting site. The bottom basically slops away at a 45 degree angle. We were only in 45' of water but could almost spit to the shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom