Question 4-5 months gear storage advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I'm about to store my gear for 4/5 months as the water is too cold, so I was wondering if you have any advice/tips to proper store all the gear?

Assuming everything is clean, I just hang up my gear in the basement when not using.

+1 on hanging it up in the basement. As long as the stuff is clean, should not be a problem.

I have a cressi gear bag can I put everything in there or better hanged.
?

I have a cressi gear bag can I put everything in there or better hanged.
?
Sure, you can, loosely packed. Personally, I'd prefer to hang the suits, hoses, etc...anything I don't want bent, compressed or creased. YMMV

Remove dump valve and corrugated hose from your BC or wing (make sure you put the gaskets with them). Hang everything to dry fully for a couple weeks with all pockets propped open. Once you're sure it is fully dry then go ahead and pack it up loosely in your bag. I prefer to keep mine hanging in a spare closet and the dedicated shelf in the garage.

I hang the wetsuit up in the basement too. I don't hang the reg, I lay it down with 1st stage higher than the rest of it. I just leave the other stuff (mask, fins, hood, boots, gloves, pouch wt. belt) in my bin -- it will dry there & be ready for the next dive.

Remove dump valve and corrugated hose from your BC or wing (make sure you put the gaskets with them).

Small ziplock bags: put the valve in, close it with just the pull cord sticking out. That way if the gasket decides to leave later on, it won't get far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom