4/29 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Episcopal Miter (occupied by a Hermit Crab)
1.jpg

Banded Coral Shrimp
2.jpg

Hi Gilligan,

More great photos. I'd love to be in Maui right now (pretty much anywhere else but here would qualify for the next six weeks). I assume you're using the 165 lens for the close-ups? I've been thinking about breaking down and buying a new lens. How far are you from the shell (lens tip to shell) when taking the photos?

slingshot:
Hi Gilligan,

More great photos. I'd love to be in Maui right now (pretty much anywhere else but here would qualify for the next six weeks). I assume you're using the 165 lens for the close-ups? I've been thinking about breaking down and buying a new lens. How far are you from the shell (lens tip to shell) when taking the photos?

Actually I did not use the 165 lens on either of these shots. I used the zoom in Macro mode then cropped the photo in PS7 to bring the subject to the forefront. I am guessing I was about 12 inches from the subject.

Very good. The shrimp looks like he is daring you to get closer.

Back
Top Bottom