4-13-08 Carmel/Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
These were from the Castle (Inner) Pinnacles off Pescadero Point in Carmel Bay and from Shale Island off the Breakwater pier and Del Monte Beach in Monterey.

Juvenile China Rockfish
P4130115-01pssm.jpg

Another Juvenile; I think it's a Copper Rockfish, but it could be a Gopher Rockfish. The little fellow was hiding deep in a hole, and a bear to get light on.
P4130110-01cropsm.jpg

Typical Carmel reef scene, with White Spotted Rose Anemones, a big Sunflower Star, assorted Sea Stars, sponges, Cup Coral and Kelp.
P4130103-01sm.jpg

Lingzilla. This was the biggest, ugliest Lingcod I've ever seen. Minimum 3', probably 4' and his head was about as big as mine, with a scar on his face about the size of a silver dollar.
P4130140-01pssm.jpg

P4130137-01sm.jpg

The shelf on Shale Island; Corynactis, Sea Cucumbers, Clams, Colonial Animals, Snails, Nudis, a variety of Anemones, all living on a bed of Shale, covered in silt. Under the shelf are Rockfish and Lingcod, and the holes are filled with Octopus, Gobys, Fringeheads and Sculpins.
P4130005-01sm.jpg

The consensus on this guy is Cadlina Modesta, the Modest Dorid. Pointed out by our buddy John, whose camera had quit before he saw this, his first one ever.
P4130047-01croppssm.jpg

Doris Ohdneri
P4130027-01pssm.jpg

Yellow margin nudibranch (Cadlina Leuteomarginata)
P4130012-01cropsm.jpg

Peltodoris Nobilis, the Noble Dorid
P4130030-01sm.jpg

Lingcod # 2 really rocks !!!

Great photos once again Larry. It's amazing how much life (and color) you can cram into one frame in California!! Wonderful stuff,
++Ken++

Lingzilla :rofl3: If he could type I think he'd have a few choice adjectives for you as well :rofl3: I love that 2nd cod shot though, that one really rocks

Thanks Jim, Andy, Ken, Marcin, Zapple

Back
Top Bottom