4-12 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
On today's dive I experimented with using both the external and/or internal strobes as described in my "For Inon strobe users using the fiber optic cable" thread.
The crab was recessed in a hole and I couldn't get my external strobe and camera setup on it so that shot was taken with only the internal strobe.

Undulated Moray Gymnothorax undulatus
Hawaiian name: puhi-lau-milo
undualted.jpg

Hawaiian Swimming Crab Charybdis hawaiensis
crab.jpg

Yellowmargin Moray Gymnothorax flavimarginatus
Hawaiian name: puhi-paka
yellowmargin.jpg

All three very nice, but I am particularly fond of the first one. What a unique angle for a moray photo.

Jcsgt:
All three very nice, but I am particularly fond of the first one. What a unique angle for a moray photo.

Thanks. I got closer than I usually do with that one as they are our most aggressive eel.

I too am partial to the first one, but all of them are great shots.

All three are terrific, and the lighting is great regardless. I really like the action in the first one and the angle as well, but the third one, I can't stop looking at. The composition is really terrific with the Eel and Fish at diagonal corners, and the Fish being the smallest and brightest. It makes the whole picture come alive. The fact that the hole is at the same angle as the Eel and the Fish adds to the action, giving the picture a full circle of eye movement. (Sorry, art major once upon a time)

I them all, but can't decide which one I like best. Both eel pics are really nice. However, the crab's eyes are way too cool.

Magnificent Jim. All three. The crab is simply world-class. Do you tend to dive the same familiar spots or do you occasionally explore?? ++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom