3DPrint: BCD flush adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lairdb

Contributor
Reaction score
I just replaced another inflator valve because I wasn't flushing it well and it's more of a pain to service it than to replace it. Saw commercial garden hose flush adapters, and this thread -- but "I can make that!"

Success: SCUBA BCD garden hose flush adapter by lairdb

Here's a couple of images; more at the Thingiverse link.

upmu0jj-png.671709.png

ykif88w-png.671710.png

That's awesome. Are you taking orders?

No interest in selling, but you are welcome to print it yourself, or take the files to your local library, or use one of the commercial printing services -- looks like about $5 to print it commercially.

No interest in selling, but you are welcome to print it yourself, or take the files to your local library, or use one of the commercial printing services -- looks like about $5 to print it commercially.
I'll look into that. Thanks.

How does the hose attach to the adapter, does the scuba hose screw into the adapter ? I know the big end mates to garden hose, it’s just the other end I am trying to understand
Looks cool. I have a friend who has a 3D printer. I may bug him to build one.

How does the hose attach to the adapter, does the scuba hose screw into the adapter ? I know the big end mates to garden hose, it’s just the other end I am trying to understand
I was just looking at it (I'll be printing one!) and yep, it's threaded for a standard LP hose

Yep. I wouldn't recommend detaching your regular inflator hose and flooding it, even with fresh water -- but if you have a spare inflator hose, or can pick one up cheap at a gear swap...

Back
Top Bottom