3cf and 6cf bottles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heaven forbid, but here lies another tank thread...

1. Is it possible to get the tanks that are used on StrokeAirs? Seems like the 3cf would make a nice inflation bottle.

2. Is it possible to get a 'pony size' tank (i.e., 3cf, 6cf, 13cf, etc) without a paint job? All I can find are flourescent yellow.

thanks again..

teknitroxdiver:

1. Is it possible to get the tanks that are used on StrokeAirs? Seems like the 3cf would make a nice inflation bottle.

2. Is it possible to get a 'pony size' tank (i.e., 3cf, 6cf, 13cf, etc) without a paint job? All I can find are flourescent yellow.

thanks again..
The shop I go to sells SpareAir and I will get the info off the bottle so we can figure out who makes them.

It might be a proprietary size with an odd neck thread.

In any case, I have a 6cf and it is on the edge of being too small if the dive involves a lot of ascent and descent (as with a tall wreck). You may not be happy with 3cf.

Luxfer sells very few small bottles in colors other than black and yellow, so there are often none in the supply chain. I have never seen a 6cf in any color but yellow.

I know some people get together on an order to get a batch of white 30s or 40s made for deco bottles. My deco bottles are yellow.

Hmm. Good point on the size. But it would probably be good for a square profile trimix dive. Of course, it would have to be refilled after each dive, which could negate any benifit...

I was reading a thread on another board about stripping the paint off of a tank, and it sounds like a fairly simple task to do, so that would probably be the way for me to go.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it's a Luxfer they use.

Uncle Pug:
There's nothing wrong with a suit inflation bottle being yellow.... or even pink for that matter.

Yellow is ok but i have to disagree with pink. Some of us do have a image(may not be much of one :wink: ) to uphold and a pink inflation bottle definitely does not help matters any :D

teknitroxdiver:

thanks again..

OMS sells a 3 liter or 18 cuft grey LP steel. I own 6 for my rebreather. And I get 5 hours off each bottle, no matter the depth.

I have an aluminum Luxfer bottle that I use at work, It's 4 1/4" dia and 10 1/2" tall. It holds either 9 cu ft of Nitrogen or 2 1/2lbs CO2. I use it for HVAC work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom