Closed 3960 PSI Cascade System - 4 size K bottles

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My compressor failed and I have decided to sell the ancillary equipment rather than rebuild my system.

These four size "K" bottles were hydroed and revalved earlier this year. They are rated 3AA3600 and each holds approximately 400 cubic feet of air. New CGA 347 valves were installed at the time of hydro. The cylinders were "star" and "plus" rated by the hydro tester for ten years of service and operation at 10% over nominal pressure.

Included in the sale is manifolding as shown to connect the cylinders together as well as cylinder caps for compliant transportation while filled. The pressure gauge and fill whip are not included in the sale.

The cylinders are approximately 52" high plus valve and are just over 9" in diameter. I believe they weigh about 150 pounds each.

I purchased these cylinders from the operator of a dive shop that is now closed.

The entire cascade is yours to pick up in the Minneapolis area for $1000.

cascade 1.jpg
cascade 2.jpg

Man wish I was nearby I’d grab it

Well, you are further from me than for everybody else replying (Panama), but if you can strap them on a pallett and put it on a truck to be carried to Miami (at my expenses of course), we could talk about it. Let me know, Thx Herbie

I would be happy to do this but am concerned that most trucking companies will treat them as hazmat even if empty and it is not clear to me how I could meet the requirements to ship hazardous materials.

These are still for sale. Make an offer.

Asking $1000 if you pick them up at my house.

For those of you out of state, yes, I will work with you:
* Keep in mind that I am not authorized hazmat shipper.
* You will have to arrange shipping based on the dimensional information posted upthread.
* I can deliver the cylinders to a nearby freight terminal, dive shop, airport, etc., of your choice, or hold them for a reasonable period of time (a few months max)
* I do not have the equipment to devalve these cylinders. However, I am happy to drain them and provide a statement that they are empty and non-hazardous.
* I will not falsify documents for customs.
* Please be sure these will meet your needs and that your shipping arrangements are in place before purchasing. I am happy to provide more photos and answer questions.
* You must provide payment before I will prepare them for shipment. Check or wire transfer

Make offer

Wish I could justify a road trip....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom