370,000 dollar ring?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquaviolator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anybody hear about a guy who lost his 370,000 dollar diamond ring off the Main St. pier in Daytona Beach recently? If it's true it does'nt sound like an easy find.

You really can't feel sorry for someone who spends more than 1/3 million on a ring though, can you? That being said, it would make my life a lot easier to have that $$!

Anyone try night diving to search? We use strong lights to find missing diamonds on the shop floor all the time, and can't see why it wouldn't work for a diamond ring in the water, as long as it hasn't buried itself into the sand. At high tide there's a chance the ring would be moved moved about in the surge, and expose itself occasionally? Just a thought. If I weren't 1,500+ miles away I'd have run down last evening when this post started to try the theory!!!!

Story I read said his insurance company is sending divers down to find it. Apparently he did not buy it, rather it was handed down in his family for "generations."

Nonetheless, anything of that value, both intrinsic and sentimental, probably shouldn't be worn for an occassion as lackluster as lunch on a Daytona pier.

Story I read said his insurance company is sending divers down to find it. Apparently he did not buy it, rather it was handed down in his family for "generations."

Nonetheless, anything of that value, both intrinsic and sentimental, probably shouldn't be worn for an occassion as lackluster as lunch on a Daytona pier.

Maybe I shouldn't be so suspicious, but I think I just caught the order of something here; maybe a rat?

Back
Top Bottom