350-450, what's the big difference?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a dry suit and I can't understand the difference between a 350 and a 450.

What are the pro's and con's of each?

450 is a much heavier fabric with a cordura overlay down the arms making it tougher. I have the 450 and like it. for Canadian waters I would recommend it. Although I do see some 350's around here and some people prefer the lighter feel?

Thank you for your inquiry on the difference between the TLS350 and the CLX450.

The TLS350 is a very lightweight, quick drying suit that is trilaminate made from Nylon, Butyl Rubber, Nylon. Folks like this option when they are looking for something very easy to get on that dries very quickly.

The CLX450 is a bit heavier weight than the TLS350 and is a little stiffer. The top of the CLX450 is very durable. It is also a trilaminate with Cordura as the top layer. The three layers of the material on the top include Cordura Polyester blend, Butyl Rubber, Polyester.

In regards to the bottom portion of the CLX450, you actually have a choice. You can choose to have the bottom portion made from Cordura material, CF200 material (crushed neoprene), or Polyester.

You can actually view complete descriptions and photographs of DUI's suit on the website DUI Drysuits - made by Diving Unlimited International !

Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thanks again!
Jessica
DUI

Back
Top Bottom