30cf Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who is this Mike person and how terrific is his price? :) I am also looking for al30/40 as a pony/deco bottle

Mike is @ DiveRightInScuba Dive Right In Scuba - Store Main Page - Plainfield, IL.

Thanks ronzo, I appreciate the kind words.

yes I'm in an out of the country and mostly in Brasíl (where I am now) but I told you I could have someone get it - no issues. But we're not close on price anyhow.

You can probably get the price you want for an out of VIP out of hydro cylinder. That was part of the point I believe ronzo was making.

If you don't want to spend the money now, there are shops that will rent you one for $5 or $10 each time you want to use one (maybe plus the fill, I don't know).
I like Mike from DiveRightInScuba....he will give you a good price but there's also Piranha Dive Mfg who will hook you up.

You can check out ScubaGarage.com - used scuba equipment search engine & classifieds. Maybe you'll find something there.
I think the recurring theme here is that $130 is a very reasonable price for a cylinder and by the time you get the price you want, you're going to have to spend the difference getting the cylinder up to snuff. Maybe you will get lucky - it does happen, and I sure hope you do (would love to see you spend your energy diving with your bright 'n shiny new cylinder) and hearing great dive stories.
good luck!
Steve

hey ron, thanks, you too. yes, Randy has cylinders of all sizes. I bought an AL40 from Randy.

OP: better idea to say ron from NJ sent you because if you tell him I sent you it will be double the price if you tell him I suggested it. Maybe even triple.

Then, there are some really good local places to purchase. Rick from Blue Water Divers in Rochelle Park will give you a good deal and good service. There's The Scuba Connection in Hillsborough who have helped me many times and certainly have 30s and 40s (or will get). So many places but it all comes back to the same thing, a new one can't be had for less than $100 and OP is looking to save $.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom