$3000 airfare to Coz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I escaped from Denver Friday on Southwest as planned. When I checked the pricing for that flight Friday morning, the going rate one way was $522. Call it roughly 400% over my scheduled fare.

Your normal fare is $105????

One way to Austin, yes. DEN to AUS nonstop is a bargin!

You should escape from Occupied Colorado to the Free Zone of Texas more often.

I found round trip in may on Southwest for 402.91 and just checked Denver was the same price, included 2 checked bags.

Try Frontier. Not my favorite airline, but DEN - CUN can be had for cheap. We flew DEN - CUN in late Aug 2020, returned 9 days later for $200 per person. We flew to CUN from DEN Feb 4 - 15 for $155 per person (4 of us). Direct. Couldn't pass it up!

I see round-trip tickets for under $200 in August 2021.

Strange, there are daily flights from BDL (Hartford/Springfield) to Cozumel but the return is 19ish hours, up until last week there were one stop flight sboth ways. Ugh

Started thinking that maybe if I can get a Covid vaccine, I could do a trip to Cozumel in the summer or fall. Went online to American airlines last night to check the Denver to Coz availability and a RT ticked is $3356. Thought that must be some glitch and waited until today and same fare still shows up.
The glitch has been repaired altho it did take some time. I guess the airlines are still in chaos...
upload_2021-3-20_14-14-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-20_14-14-0.png
    upload_2021-3-20_14-14-0.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for posting @DandyDon . Yeah, that price never made sense relative to other destinations. Even when it it was 3k RT DEN-CZM the sum of the round trips was like $800 I think (RT DEN-DFW, plus RT DFW-CZM). I think someone in American Airlines revenue management just fat-fingered some number in their pricing sheet )

When I restrict the shopping to American only, they are higher than United and Frontier but still less than $500 RT. In comparison, from Lubbock, both American and United start at $575, and I have seen years that they got $650+.
upload_2021-3-20_16-31-40.png

Well from the Northeast tickets to Bonaire are starting to look like a bargain compared to trying to get to Cozumel. American had been 300-350 RT most of last year and through early winter, now it has at least doubled and the flights home are 20ish hours. Newark has the only really attractive flights but the bag drag is probably just as easy, still plenty of flights to Cancun.

Strange that you can fly out of CT on American or United fairly easily, but there are no return flights. I had a United return booked in May and it was cancelled yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom