3/8ths fitting on a HP hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops

Blacklight Poster
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was setting up an Apeks reg set I recently bought on Ebay and was going through my laundry basket of hoses to get all the "right" hoses on it and came across a HP hose with a 3/8ths fitting instead of the normal 7/16ths on the regulator side. I have no idea where I got it.

Can anyone tell me what kind of reg it fits??? Is it rare? Can I Ebay it? It still has a price tag on it.

Brian,

They were all that way before the early eighties, or so. Some companies still made special hoses that way for the few divers that didn't want to adapt them. There's a real good chance that hose is over 20 years old.

Chad

I've only been diving since '94 so I don't think it's that old. I'm pretty sure I got it at Divers Unlimited in Hollywood within the last two years, probably mixed in with some others.
Thank you both for the info. I PM'd the guy looking for adaptor in the other thread to see if he'd rather have the hose.

Many regulators use that size thread for the HP. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom