3.5HP Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icechip

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a too-good-to-pass-up deal on four Aqualung 3.5HP steel tanks. Been reading up on them and I understand they do not take the yoke inserts. That's ok, I've been changing over to DIN on my regs and some of my other tanks have the yoke inserts so I can easily remove them. My question is about filling these tanks. One of my regular places for filling is at the local fire station but they only have a yoke fill attachment. Would the DGX DIN fill adapter work for me with these tanks? DGX Premium DIN Fill Adapter or do I need something else?

I carry one with me for using yoke whips on compressors. Don't encounter them often, but a good thing to keep with you

If you are switching your tanks over to DIN, it may be easier to make/buy an adapter for the CGA whips
John at Northeast sells these and if you have one similar to those that is to yoke, it may be easier to use the single adapter.
SCBA to Din

That adapter is rated to fill 300bar so you should be good to go.

Good, thank you for the replies.

I carry one with me for using yoke whips on compressors. Don't encounter them often, but a good thing to keep with you

If you are switching your tanks over to DIN, it may be easier to make/buy an adapter for the CGA whips
John at Northeast sells these and if you have one similar to those that is to yoke, it may be easier to use the single adapter.
SCBA to Din
Thanks, I'll check out Northeast.

Just to echo what other have said - it is always good to have your own adapters so not to need to reply on a shop. A couple of times now I have relied on my various adapters to get fills.

Just to echo what other have said - it is always good to have your own adapters so not to need to reply on a shop. A couple of times now I have relied on my various adapters to get fills.

this is my whip/adapter set. It's CGA oxygen on one end and DIN *Yoke in this picture* on the other end to fill tanks from an O2 bottle or my O2 generator/compressor which is the QD adapter on the bottom right. The black wheel allows me to take gas out of helium bottles or any other HP air bottles. There's an adapter to make the oxygen end a DIN end to use as a transfill whip. There is now an end to make it O2 on both sides to fill medical oxygen bottles and not shown is the small adapter to allow me to hook it up to the FD compressor. There's now digital pressure gauges on there and some other changes, but basically it's a universal whip that will allow me to fill just about anything, from just about anything.
21013881_10159187176480134_8555417693429991117_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom