3/25 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at "Three Anchors" at 60 feet.

Hawaiian Domino Damselfish & Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse
F5.0 Macro Mode, 1/160, External Strobe
Processing - Photoshop 7.0
1.jpg

Arc-Eye Hawkfish
F5.0 Macro Mode, 1/125, External Strobe
Processing - Photoshop 7.0
2.jpg

Anchor
F4.0, 1/80, No Strobe, Wide Angle Lens, Manual White Balance
Processing - Helicon Noise Filter & Photoshop 7.0
3.jpg

Thanks for the close-up of the Hawaiian Domino Damselfish. I always see them from a distance in your pics and their coloration makes them almost look fake, to my eye anyway. I think they are cool looking fish.

I look forward to your picture postings.......and then I decide I don't like you......and then I realize I'm just JEALOUS! Great stuff, keep them coming!

Wonderful. Thanks.

That dive site was the last dive I did in Maui before returning to the mainland last Monday. Thought it was a pretty interesting spot and saw lots of different fish near the concrete blockhouse in the middle of the anchors. My favorite was a small male Spotted Boxfish. Still haven't got my pictures back yet (35mm), but if any of the ones of the male Spotted Boxfish turned out, I will post them.

Steve

P.S. As a new photographer, I am fairly certain that none of my photos will be as good as yours. I always enjoy the photos you post. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom