Closed: 2x Gen-1 Nautilus Lifelines - Used

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefduffer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have two Nautilus Lifeline Radios for sale. These are the original model with the chat function, now discontinued but still supported and manuals available for download.
Nautilus Lifeline Radio Overview | Nautilus Marine Rescue GPS.
Both units have been updated to the current 1.02 firmware.

The tan unit was purchased in May 2012, S/N NL0911-01172. The orange one was an extended warranty replacement for a flooded unit in April 2013, S/N NL0212-00276. Based on dive logs and assuming we took them on every dive, the tan unit has 112 dives, the orange unit 118 dives.

Both units have been programmed with MMSIs obtained from BoatUS back when that was possible, so the emergency function is enabled.

They have been kept charged on a regular 3-month schedule per Nautilus specs. I have just checked the chat functions and the radios talk to each other fine.

Also included for each unit are:
- Unused (never wet) pouches for each unit (we decided on BCD pocket).
- A spare O-ring purchased new in Sept 2017.
- A spare USB port plug/cover.
- The original USB charging cable.
- The original box.

The tan unit has a single initial in marker on the panel inside the cover. The orange unit has my last name on the outside in marker, and also faintly scratched into the cover latch. I attempted to scrub the marker off, but it's still faintly legible. See photo. If you care, and don't want to put in the work to scrub it off completely or cover it up, please don't buy. i'm disclosing it up front and will not accept a return for this issue. Ask if you need clarification.

Nautilus lists these refurbished for $349, out of stock, with a waiting list. And $20 for the pouch, and a few dollars for the spares.
Nautilus Lifeline Radio (Refurbished) - Temp. Wait List

I'm asking $250 each including shipping to USA lower 48, and that's all I will ship to.
$480 for both, and I will give preference to an offer for both.
I accept Paypal.
NLLs_For_Sale.JPG
NLLs_For_Sale.JPG
NLL_Display.JPG
NLL_NameMarking.JPG

$225 each including shipping to USA lower 48.
$430 for both,

$200 each including shipping to USA lower 48.
$380 for both,

$175 each including shipping to USA lower 48.
$330 for both,

I'm interested. Do these also talk on channel 16 so normal boat radios can hear them?

Yes... and there's more! There are three modes supported by this model.
In the first post I referenced the support page at LifeLine Radio - Dive Rated Marine VHF Radio with GPS/DSC - Nautilus LifeLine
At the bottom left there you can download the manual for firmware 1.02.
Quoting directly from page 6, which has a diagram of the buttons (you can also see them in the third photo in the first post above).
I've inserted button color/descriptions in [].

LifeLine Button [Red, under safety tab]: Allows you to transmit a distress message and your GPS coordinates by using LocateMeTM Technology. Your message will be shown on the screen of all boats with modern marine radios. Their radios should automatically switch to channel 16, alarms will sound, lights will flash, and your GPS coordinates and emergency message should be shown on the screen of each radio.

Hail + Distress Button [Orange]: Talk to every boat within range on channel 16, the universal hail and distress channel on every marine radio worldwide

Chat Button: [Green] Chat to your dive boat or other divers on a regular transmission channel, or to change the channel to any supported marine VHF frequency

There's a more detailed description on page 9 and throughout.

So what you asked about specifically is "Hail and Distress" (Orange button), but it also does non-distress chat on any Marine VHF channel.

If you look at the second photo, lower left of the LCD, you can see that the chat channel is currently 68.

How do you change channels?

Like anything with a minimum of buttons, like a dive computer or digital watch, by repeated button presses.
Specifically, look at the manual page 12 near the top "Chat Channel". You can also set it using the desktop configuration software if you don't need to set it on the boat.

Both units have been sold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom