2nd Stage Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skimphish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a genesis 1st stage that doesnt have anything else on it, so i am looking to buy a 2nd stage reg to go with it. So what do yall have? I am looking for something that will be a good recreational open water regulator, and the newer the better.

Thanks in advanced!

Scott

oh, also looking for it to be under, say, $65-70. i can get a OMS R-246 new for $85, so if i cant get something for less than that, ill just buy one of those.

bumpy. ill take interest in any second stage really. its just the close to $70 the better.

the OMS regs are only 75 now on leisurepro, if that is what you're still looking at.

About the OMS regs, will the R-250 work well as a primary reg? I saw that it said "octo" but then i also saw it paired with a first stage reg as a primary. So I am guessing it will work well as a primary?

I was looking at the OMS reg as well....most photos I see of it show with black, yellow and green faceplates.....do all these faceplates come with the OMS reg so you can just install whichever one you need depending on O2, Octo or Primary?

I think you're looking at Octos... not primary 2nd stages...

I think you're looking at Octos... not primary 2nd stages...

but if you go to leisurepro or oms or omscloseouts the octo is listed as the model R250. Then if you go to praimary regs they show the exact same reg just with a second stage and say it too is a R250.

Back
Top Bottom