2nd stage reg cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wtxblaze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What I was thinking of was a cover like the one for my SmartCom dive computer. Something to cover the 2nd stage dureing SI's. Is there something like this already out there?

Well, a successful business needs two things: a reason to exist, and a good location.

So there either needs to be a reason for a 2nd stage cover, or you need to convince us there is a reason. Personally, I don't see a need. I would only worry if left in a garage for a while, as I'm told roaches love silicone.

You could sew a bag for them easy though, sort of what we use in the sound and lighting industroy to hold all of the ends of hte cable leads in a snake (not the animal...basically a bundle of 2-512 cables) Sew it out of something synthetic, or else it might eventually rot.

Well I guess I am the only one that sees a need for one. Its not for long term storage, just for the SI's at the lake so the grass and dirt will not get on it. Even if you lay out a blue tarp to keep it off the ground the tarp does not always stay as clean as it was when it was first laid down.
I was just asking if something like this was already out there, wasn't expecting a company to start up just to make this. oh well

Shove it in your BCD pocket and zip most of the way up? That's what I do. But if you really want to cover it, maybe something with a drawstring on it like the bag from a small bottle of Crown Royal would work? Might get a few funny looks and comments about your choice of diving refreshment, though... :wink:

RTRski:
if you really want to cover it, maybe something with a drawstring on it like the bag from a small bottle of Crown Royal would work?
Heck, I'll come and help out in making the cover.:D

What about using a can cooler? Most have some type of insulation/padding and a hole in the bottom. You could just slide your hose through the hole and leave it on during the dive. During the SI, slide it over the reg.

Depending on the size/shape of your reg, this may or may not work. But they're cheap or free and might be worth trying out.

NO... I am sure there is a market for that. For example a boat diving. All diving boats aren't fancy enough for accomodating divers and gears...

Can you ask you LDS? they might be able to find something?? failing that you Might be able to purchase a piece of neoprene from a dive place and stitch something together... Or What about a Scuzz Ball Like this
http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b0/cd/8d3e_2.JPG
Where you push the mouth piece inside it to hold an Octi but it'd stop mud and stones and weeds etc getting in to your Primary second stage.
Is that what you are thinking about??

dive-class101:
Can you ask you LDS? they might be able to find something?? failing that you Might be able to purchase a piece of neoprene from a dive place and stitch something together... Or What about a Scuzz Ball Like this
http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b0/cd/8d3e_2.JPG
Where you push the mouth piece inside it to hold an Octi but it'd stop mud and stones and weeds etc getting in to your Primary second stage.
Is that what you are thinking about??

NO... I don't think so.. I expect somthing to cover a whole 2nd stage...

I had a Scuzz Ball stuff.. It is useless... :no

BTW, I like your avatar

Back
Top Bottom