2nd stage purchase without 1st stage??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Scubapro MK2 1st with R190 2nd stage. The R190 is rather bulky but other than that works fine. I'm looking for a smaller and lighter 2nd stage but everywhere I look regulators are sold 1st AND 2nd.

Is there anywhere I can buy just a smaller 2nd stage to use as my primary? I've looked at the R380 which seems to be a R190 but smaller.

any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

Thanks,
I'll check that out!

oh, also, make sure you check out the consequences of buying ScubaPro on line.

i think they don't give you free parts for life or whatever they do through authorized
dealers ... or something along those lines

A lot of manufacturers don't sell stages individualy.

Scubapro does, you should be able to order it from any dealer.

The R380 is the same as the R190 internaly with the smaller case, just like the S600 and the G250.

If you like the small case then the S600 and the S550 are other alternatives. They are more expensive but they are balanced. (the S600 is also adjustable)

Well, if you find an alternate air ie "octopus" that fits your needs, just buy the octopus & switch your bulky 2nd stage over and use IT as your octopus....

(you should be able to buy virtually any 2nd stage & call it the octopus....what you do with it once you get it home is up to you....the only problem I see is that the dive shop might not want to "break up" their usual "set" of 1st & 2nd stages.....leaving them stuck with a 1st stage without its 2nd stage "mate")

I put an Atomic B1 on my MK20 about 5 years ago. The dealer had no problem selling me just the 2nd stage. It's small and light. And it breathes really easy. But the soft, plastic face plate dry rots and need replaced after 4 years or so. They're all pretty much interchangable. Pick whatever you like best and put it on your MK2.

Thanks for the suggestions and quick response everyone.

My LDS suggested that I get a Scubapro G250 for my primary. He is a Scubapro dealer and he knows that I've liked my experience with Scubapro. My only other experience has been Sherwood.

I never thought of getting a good octo and just using it as my primary. Come to think of it my brother did this with his reg setup. He uses a Cressi that he fell in love with as his primary and it was pink, he used a sharpie marker and painted the plastic cover black and uses an Aqualung LPO (something) as his dedicated octo.

Great ideas everyone and it is good to know that Scubapro will sell 1st and 2nd seperately so that one can mix-n-match and if I buy thru my LDS I will get my warranty and parts for life stuff.

Cool

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Thanks for the suggestions and quick response everyone.

My LDS suggested that I get a Scubapro G250 for my primary. He is a Scubapro dealer and he knows that I've liked my experience with Scubapro. My only other experience has been Sherwood.

I never thought of getting a good octo and just using it as my primary. Come to think of it my brother did this with his reg setup. He uses a Cressi that he fell in love with as his primary and it was pink, he used a sharpie marker and painted the plastic cover black and uses an Aqualung LPO (something) as his dedicated octo.

Great ideas everyone and it is good to know that Scubapro will sell 1st and 2nd seperately so that one can mix-n-match and if I buy thru my LDS I will get my warranty and parts for life stuff.

Cool

Jeremy

If you really want to treat yourself, get an S600!

-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom