Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Emilieb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, I was adjusting the leaver on the 2nd stage as it was too high and the reg kept free flowing. In that process I did something to the pressure seed, so no matter how much I tighten it now, it’s too loose and air flows straight through the 2nd stage (alternate) - it doesn’t even show on the SPG when I turn on the air.

The 2nd stage is an unbalanced, no brand, so I can’t find the appropriate service manual.

Have any of you had the same problem or a suggestion on how to fix it? Hope it makes sense..

Thanks!

First things first.
Have you checked the IP of the first stage? Doesn't matter if it WAS correct, things change so check that first.
Now, freeflow, are we talking a slight trickle or a large flow?
Does the second stage in question have an adjustable orifice or is it fixed? A photo of the stage dissembled (and placed in order) would help us.
Without being there or knowing the answer to the above questions, I would suggest you completely dissemble the stage, inspect the parts (has the LP seat fallen out????) and start over after carefully inspecting all the parts.

Also, check your post, I think spell check got you....it's seat, not seed. :)

once I published here translation of my opus about regulators problems detection and solving it.
Intermediate pressue gauge - Recognizing regulator problems
If you have, or know somebody, who has Intermediate pressure gauge, you have to check it.
For the first look, all your regulator symtoms looks like you have 1st stage problems (like damaged 1st stage valve cushion or seat orifice scratches).
Try to find IP gauge (or you can made it from automobile tires gauge and old regulator hose), and try to find where is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom