2nd. request-Problem with using remote controls with outer case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Mike,

I would appreciate it greatly if you would address this matter which I described in my prior post.

I will be going on vacation soon and want to make sure that the camera I purchased is working as it's supposed to.

Thanks,

Sy

Hi Sy,

Sorry for missing your last post.

I cannot reach you by phone, so I'll try to walk through the steps here.

For the On/off switch, is it because the LCD pancel spacer is not being inserted when putting on the skin? Here's the quick video on the skin application.
The LCD panel installation is at 0:35 of the video.
[vimeo]898428[/vimeo]

For the housing buttons, would you please check for us if the remote is aligning with the corresponding housing buttons? Also, would it be that the two clips are not locked to secure the remote? It is at the end of the following video.
[vimeo]876723[/vimeo]

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

Sorry I missed your call.

I have the camera configured exactly as it should be based upon the instruction manual as well as your videos.

As I had mentioned in the first email on the matter it takes a LOT of force to activate the on/off control especially (when the camera is completely assembled with the hard cover in places.

I can see how the on/off button piston "travels" down to the silicone skin, then to that little half-opening in the spacer and then applies pressure to the on/off button which is actually on the camera itself which then signals the remote control.

After trying it several more times the last few days and just now maybe the button mechanism has loosened up a little because now it has a more normal feel to it and responds accordingly. However, I find that the metal buttons on the back panel are also quite hard to push down but I will "play" with the camera as I learn to operate it so hopefully they will get easier to depress also.

Question: This is academic but would being at depth have "any" effect on the force required to depress the buttons like making them easier to push in? I'm thinking out loud and saying to myself "probably not because the watertight housing doesn't allow for an equalizing pressure change inside the case". What do you think?

Anyway I am very excited at the prospect of taking underwater moving pictures but am also very concerned that the camera will flood. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Mike, no doubt you will be hearing from me again with other questions but thanks for your feedback on this particular issue.

Happy Holidays!!!!,

Sy G.

Hi Sy,

Sorry for missing your last post.

I cannot reach you by phone, so I'll try to walk through the steps here.

For the On/off switch, is it because the LCD pancel spacer is not being inserted when putting on the skin? Here's the quick video on the skin application.
The LCD panel installation is at 0:35 of the video.
[vimeo]898428[/vimeo]

For the housing buttons, would you please check for us if the remote is aligning with the corresponding housing buttons? Also, would it be that the two clips are not locked to secure the remote? It is at the end of the following video.
[vimeo]876723[/vimeo]

Thanks,
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom