26650 battery source/brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rwe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a new flashlight that uses either a 26650 or 18650 lithium ion battery. I have some Eastshine protected 18650 batteries that I have been using in my older light but would be interested in getting a protected 26650 battery since my new light only uses one battery. It appears lithium ion batteries have become more difficult to find, especially the 26650 size. I would be interested in sources and brands available for these batteries. I would prefer not to get from China since the Chinese 18650 batteries that tried are not as long lasting or reliable as my Eastshine's have been.

Thanks,

Rick

BatteryJunction.com

I use the Xtar 26650s. Got them with a light and then bought a couple of spares.

When buying this sort of battery you are best off sticking to batteries made either in Korea or Japan. Panasonic, LG, Samsung and Sony all make good batteries.

I would avoid the Vape batteries; they are not normally protected so they can generate really high discharge currents. I would only use protected batteries,
Bill

icr makes them as does orbtronic.
Bill

they use a different chemistry so they can tolerate much higher discharge rates. the draw is dictated by the driver in the light anyways with active drivers performing a hard cutoff and passive drivers failing to reach the junction voltage, so overdischarge issues are remote. ICR and orbtronic are rebranders, not oems like panasonic/sanyo/LG/samsung/sony.

Back
Top Bottom