232 din tank valve, yoke 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnl2281

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am relatively new to scuba diving and have been aquiting gear over the last year.

My question is this: i have a apeks xtx200 1st stage with a yoke valve. I just bought a pst E8-119 steel tank with a din (3443 psi) valve. How do i get from the din tank valve to the yoke 1st stage? I have done some research and it looks like my options are either change my 1st stage to din or put an insert into the din to make ig a yoke (not sure if the yoke valve will fit over the din).

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

on the back of the valve, opposite of the air opening. Does it have a dimple for the set screw for a yoke? If yes, a conversion insert will fix you right up. Most 200-232 bar valves are convertible. But not all. The big 300 bar (have a deeper thread to them but same diameter) don't have the dimple and are not convertible. The insert above will work, most any dive shop worth walking into will have a collection of them. New and on the shelf may be a different story but there will be some in the back around the compressor, and in the instructors bag, in the owners dive bag, in any of the personal save a dive kits. They do exist and are all over the place.

Very good information, thanks. Both the tank and my regulator are in for yearly service so when they are done i will check for the dimple.

Back
Top Bottom