20240812 - Currently for All Classifieds: "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just went to update an existing Classified - For Sale post (For Sale - OMS Slipstream - Size Xtra Large - $75 or Trade) and realized that there was no "Edit" button available. Thought that was strange. Then I saw that I had the dreaded "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." in all of the classified sections.

Have I been a really bad boy and I'm getting a time-out?
Did I miss the "2FA is now required" memo?
@Brett Hatch are you pranking me? :rofl3:
Is this just a transient forum issue?

I just went to update an existing Classified - For Sale post (For Sale - OMS Slipstream - Size Xtra Large - $75 or Trade) and realized that there wan no "Edit" button available. Thought that was strange. Then I saw that I had the dreaded "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." in all of the classified sections.

Have I been a really bad boy and I'm getting a time-out?
Did I miss the "2FA is now required" memo?
@Brett Hatch are you pranking me? :rofl3:
Is this just a transient forum issue?
JD, I promise that I'm not pranking you! At least, not in this way, and not today :wink:

We are working on some of the improvements discussed in that thread. I'm not the one doing the work, and it's not complete. But it sounds like we might be in a transient state where things aren't working exactly as intended. Sorry about that. I'll link to this post in our thread in the back room, so that our sysadmin can see your feedback

I'm glad there is at least someone in the back room I can like, but your earlobes, freak me out dude

Can you hang glasses or something in there so you don't misplace them

One of my girlfriends sons stores his artist brushes in his earlobes not really all that great in crowds

JD, I promise that I'm not pranking you! At least, not in this way, and not today :wink:

We are working on some of the improvements discussed in that thread. I'm not the one doing the work, and it's not complete. But it sounds like we might be in a transient state where things aren't working exactly as intended. Sorry about that. I'll link to this post in our thread in the back room, so that our sysadmin can see your feedback
Thanks Brett!

Would have been funnier if you were pranking me or I was on "Double secret probation", though.

Thanks Brett!

Would have been funnier if you were pranking me or I was on "Double secret probation", though.
Pretty sure that you can’t edit a thread after a certain time has elapsed other than the thread title.

Pretty sure that you can’t edit a thread after a certain time has elapsed other than the thread title.
Well, I had edited the main text of that thread posted March 4th on March 10th and on April 28th. I know "regular" posts time out pretty quick, like an hour or so, but I thought classifieds were open to the OP to edit "forever."

For editing posts, our usual policy is to allow users to edit their own posts freely for 24 hours, after which time editing privileges are revoked. Classifieds are the exception to this rule, where we let you edit your own posts forever. This way you can change it to SOLD, change the asking prices, cross out items on a list, that sort of thing. So my expectation JD is that you should be able to edit your post. That expectation does not match reality, so I think it's related to the anti-spam changes that are a work in progress.

As a workaround, I'd be happy to edit your post for you, since this is kinda broken right now. Just send me a DM with the exact changes you want.

Thanks, guys! All good now.

For a while overnight, I was completely locked out with a banner requiring me to implement 2FA for any SB access.
Maybe I should have kept my (metaphorical) mouth shut ... :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom