2022 Dive Goals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CT-Rich

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?

I dont really have any real goals, but I want to get some non-local diving, and preferably warm water, every year. Hopefully the pandemic cooperates. Last year I dived in the Puget Sound and the Golfo de California. This year, probably Puget Sound again (in-laws live in Seattle), and hopefully someplace warm.

I should probably get to 200 dives this year.

So, everyone finished the holiday ‘I was a good boy or girl’ gear purchases (don’t lie, you emailed links and it was paid for from a joint account). What did St Amazon deliver?

Now that you are tricked out as the scuba whore you really are, what are your gear/diving goals for 2022?
Well, crap I haven't begun, but I'm hoping to get my OWD license this summer.

Same goal as previous years - dive every weekend.
Looks like I'm going to fail my goal only 2 months into 2020. :(

We've had torrential rain on the east coast of Australia for the last couple of weeks plus there are massive seas (2-5m easterly swell) all week. The rain rules out diving in Sydney Harbour and the rough seas rule out the ocean sites.

I did manage to get in last weekend. The surface water was to colour of strong tea (without milk) but at depth it was still quite nice.

Of course, my problems are minor to the tens or thousands of people that have been flooded out of their homes and also what is happening in Ukraine. :(

It’s February. As planned, I’m in Thailand, diving around Phuket. Will head out to Similan next week (sailing on tomorrow).

Shot frst 4K video with my GoPro 10:

It’s March 1 now. Diving wise, I’m still on track, made 42 dives. Going home tomorrow. Thailand is cool place as diving destination. One of the highlights is this schooling of Barracudas in Koh Tachai pinnacle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom