Closed 2021 Shearwater Teric Dive Computer and Transmitter

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiznutaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a pristine 2021 Shearwater Teric dive computer and transmitter to pass along. I just bought a new one and I don't need two! Includes all original accessories. Teric and transmitter together $1100. Local pickup on the north side of Houston or add $15 for shipping in the US.

274318232_10161736273373206_5885926258857254569_n.jpg

274230863_10161736273378206_7555484883386313340_n.jpg

274220819_10161736273383206_8325646777121646762_n.jpg

Looks like he is trading his regular Teric for the limited edition one he just bought.

Sorry, Wiz, just been too many scammers around lately.

We need a photo with the serial number. Necessary due to the scams that have been going around.
What are you going to do with it?

Unless you intend to buy, and then reference it against some non-existent list of stolen Terics, and then have a way to act on it, it's just stirring up stuff and providing NO added value.

OMMOHY

Unless you intend to buy, and then reference it against some non-existent list of stolen Terics, and then have a way to act on it, it's just stirring up stuff and providing NO added value.
I would assume a scammer would be unwilling to post the serial number of a stolen Teric on a public forum.

OMMOHY

Heaven forbid we attempt to stop SBers from being scammed as has happened in the past. A valid seller would be able to provide the serial number photo. A scammer either wouldn’t have that if they had gotten photos from somewhere or if they didn’t want to risk being found out they had stolen goods.

So now the scammer has a pic of an actual Teric with a serial number to use that they can use to further scams rather than use manufacturers' stock photos.

Scammers don't care. They're a quick hit and gone presence, resurfacing under another identity if they come back.

Unwise to show serial numbers in a public forum. Were I to offer for sale (and I very well might soon sell my Teric) I would not put a serial number pic out there. If somebody has an interest, I can, through private channels, supply serial number and original receipt from a Shearwater authorized dealer. If folks can't deal with that, then I wouldn't really care if they bought or not.

The "Hey, you need to show us your serial number" posts are not productive. It comes across as voyeuristic gadflies trying to insert themselves where they are not needed.

Buying with financial recourse is ALWAYS a smarter way to go. "Hey credit card company, this gal never delivered the product I ordered. I need my money back."

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom