2020 Gloucester Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLir

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I see that Cape Ann Diver II is planning to start charters soon, which is very welcome. Do we have any idea whether or not other Gloucester-based charters (Daybreaker, Charterboat 1, Down Under, etc.) intend to operate at some point this season? With reduced occupancy requirements, space is likely to be at a premium!

Thanks

Last I heard Matt (daybreaker) was pausing operations indefinitely due to other -pre-covid - commitments. That was last year so I haven't heard any more recent news. Charterboat1 is coming back with a 404 error and there was also a lot of talk of Cap. Steve getting out of the business...so I'm guessing that's just another fact to prove the rumor. Gauntlet is still TBD according to their newsletter/website. Not sure about Down Under.

Even without Covid getting on a boat was going to be tough this summer. I saw all of Red's charters at giant stride booked within hours/days of being published for months out - again that was in Jan/Feb for charters in Aug..... I'm starting to think of 2020 as a 'lost year' for charter diving.

Wow. Thanks for the update. Lost year for me too, I expect...and travel won’t likely be in the picture either. Here’s hoping for a better 2021!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom