2011 Maldives Ocean Dancer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan1947

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Ocean Dancer in the Maldives no longer are part of the Dancer fleet. Has anyone booked with them recently, are they reliable. I am considering Ocean Dancer or Agresser.

Alan

We just got back (2weeks ago) from diving on the Ocean Dancer. It seems several boats are leaving the Aggressor/Dancer fleet to follow Peter Hughes to his new group EcoAdventures (?)

Working on the trip report but photos from the trip are up at our site. So here is the quick recap.

Beautiful boat, excellent crew and some of the best food we have had on a live-aboard. Note the food and portions tend to be more "European" in nature, more focus on quality than quantity.

The owner lives aboard with his wife and 1yr old daughter so they keep a eye on everything. So the service and experience is top notch.

Once in the water you can go with the guide or do your own thing which we appreciated.

They are striving to give a high end, luxury experience. My only issue with our trip is they (only) did 3 dives per day. I would prefer 4 with the occasional night dive. Great destination for those looking for a high end, relaxing feel.

Last edited:
Martin is spot on - the Ocean Dancer is one of the most deluxe vessels in the Maldives and a big plus is that she now takes only 14 pax, which makes the experience even more intimate. She schedules 7 or 10 night trips at $375pp/night, which makes her on par with the Aggressor. I agree that in most places one might prefer to do 4 dives a day rather than 3, but it is hard to make that happen in the Maldives due to the best diving are in the passes and one can only dive on an incoming or slack current - limiting the dives onc can safely do in a day. There is then some diving on Thilas in the lagoons, and sometimes at manta cleaning stations, but night dives are not memorable events and most people are willing to pass on those when the they get 3 high quality dives in the day. Promining 4 dives a day in the Maldives often means one compromises on those dives. We charter the Ocean Dancer and send individuals to her so if you have any question on where your money is being sent, then you can contact our US office and pay fro it all by credit card thru them. But yes they are reliable.

Let us know if you have other questions about their operation.

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
DIVE ADVICE TRAVEL - Welcome to Dive Advice Travel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom