2011 Hooky Dive Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Mark your calendars. The 2011 Hooky Dive schedule has been finalized. Dives will be the 3rd Wednesday of the month from May - October (weather permitting). Those days are:

May 18
June 15
July 20 (possible BBQ and night dive)
Aug 17
Sept 21
Oct 19

As of now, all dives will be at Haigh Quarry. Arrive time is 9:30. First dive around 10:30. Break for lunch. Second dive, whenever we get back in the water.

For the July dive, details will come later.

That's about it. Post or PM me any questions.

Pete

Hello, I am new to diving and got my first open 2 tank dive this feb. in Cancun since i got my cert. last may at Pearl Lake. Don't have a regular dive buddy and hoping there was a group that lets solos join in on a dive. I seen many of the Aquanuts posts last summer and wondered if this is a group that I could meet up with on your hooky dives. Is this for Aquanuts only or an invitation for others to meet up with your group and dive? Please let me know. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. Congratulations on getting your cert. Cancun must have been nice. Never been there myself, but have been to Cozumel and Aruba so I can only imagine.

As for the hooky dives, come and join us. No restrictions whatsoever. CASA is a dive club about 40 members strong. We offer specialty training as well as AOW, Resue and just about anything else you would be interested in. You can find out more information on our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49584679844

You can checkout our website Chicago Aquanauts SCUBA Association But I have to warn you that it is going through some MAJOR revision work so it's pretty sketchy right now.

Or just come to one of our meetings. They are the 2nd Wednesday of the month at Mr. Beef and Pizza...1796 S. Elmhurst Rd...Mt. Prospect, IL....at 7:30pm.

PM me your e-mail and I will add you do my distribution list with notifications etc. If you have any questions, PM me your e-mail and/or cell number and I will get back to you.

Dive safe. Hope to see you at Haigh.

Pete

Do you need any special certification or anything for night dives?

Do you need any special certification or anything for night dives?

Special certifications, no. Only thing you really need is a primary and a secondary light. I would also recommend having some sort of strobe or light stick on your tank valves.

If you're thinking about joining us for the July night dive, things are pretty informal. Usually as we BBQ dinner, we go over some of the basics....hand signals, etc.

Have you ever done a night dive? If not, this is a good place to start. We stay shallow. Usually head towards the rock crusher and stay on that side of the quarry hoping to come across a paddlefish. Definitely gets the adrenaline going.

No I've never gone, I've read a lot of different things about night dives, all positive, been something I've been interested in doing for a while. My birthday is that Saturday so thinking this may be a good gift to my self. (Or really just a good excuse to go diving)

No I've never gone, I've read a lot of different things about night dives, all positive, been something I've been interested in doing for a while. My birthday is that Saturday so thinking this may be a good gift to my self. (Or really just a good excuse to go diving)

Sounds good to me. Come on and join us.

Back
Top Bottom