2010 Arctic Dive at Lake Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's my plan to drive up Sat/27th. under the banner of the Diving Rebels Club. We are very busy/family/bus. this month, but have gone before and enjoyed the visits/meal....lets hope this Sat/27th. stays open, this will be just a day trip for me.

We were thinking day trip too, and stay for dinner. If we go we'll be bringing the white pop-up, and the heater to warm us up after the dive. We were waiting to see who all was going, and what the weather might be like. I wonder if anyone has any temps for Murray lately? I was hoping for 50's...

We were thinking day trip too, and stay for dinner. If we go we'll be bringing the white pop-up, and the heater to warm us up after the dive. We were waiting to see who all was going, and what the weather might be like. I wonder if anyone has any temps for Murray lately? I was hoping for 50's...

My guess is in the 40's.

I'm going....... richerso is going to be there too.
I will probably come up Saturday morning and tent camp Saturday night.
If I get some new tires on the Gypsy Girl RV I may come up Friday

Maybe we'll have more adventures like last year :missing:
I hope the Amish have the Bath House open :shower:
:guitarist: I wonder if ZzzKing will come ? :shortbus:

:nuke: The fire should be awesome !!

Time! That's just great! I love the short bus reference. Ha!

Hey! Broadcast message to the board/this message!

If y'all are coming, be warned! Meal tickets are required for this event! Please make sure that you purchase meal tickets to this event! Meal tickets are required!

Here is the info for the Arctic Dive that Elizabeth, Steve, "richerso" and myself are heading up.......

Please come out for the Arctic Dive February 27th at Marietta Landing at Lake Murray. We are planning on having a big bonfire. Bring your camping chair and favorite beverage. For the hardy divers, there will be a dive led by John, "richerso" at noon. Early afternoon, we will be Geochasing.

We plan on eating around 5ish. Tickets for dinner will be $15. Elizabeth is heading this up. The menu consists of pulled pork sandwiches with sides. Some members from both the Dillos and Rebels have volunteered to bring additional sides and desserts too. If you didn't sign up to bring something, you are welcome to bring an item.

After dinner, Steve will be heading up the wine/cheese tasting. Bring your best/worst wine and cheese. In the past, it has been a lot of fun to see some of the most unusual creative wines people bring that they have found in wine stores.

In the past, people have camped, some show up in the RV's and others have reserved cabins nearby.
It's a fun outing to get together with friends, sit around the fire and visit.
Please join us Feb. 27th.
Thank you,
Gena

Okay, I don't want to miss this huge bonfire, so we might just have to camp too. Richerso and Gena, where do we purchase the meal tickets once we get there? I'll bring brownies, if that sounds okay. :D
I don't care how cold it is, I MUST get in the water.

Rhonda

Alright! Sounds good!
Gena is in charge of the tickets. If you say yes now (like within 72 hours), I will personally hold two tickets for you and Kory. Are you bringing the little kunks?

Woo! Hoo! Congrats on getting in the water :) I am getting in the water too :D

Everyone is welcome to attend. It's just that this is a 501(c) fund raiser event for the Diving Rebels. We use the ticket sales count to plan appropriately for food and other items. Tickets can be purchased in advance or tickets can be purchased the day of the event. We just prefer to have tickets purchased in advance.

Information can be found at www.divingrebels.org and www.scubadillos.org. Many of you have attended this event in the past though; so I know many of you have experienced the excitement of the event. It really is a lot of fun.

Hold two tickets for us please! We are bringing little Kunks, probably all three, do we need tickets for them too?

Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom