2000.00 to spend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mako1

Contributor
Reaction score
looking for a new camera set up, 2000.00 or less. that is a couple of cards, camera, housing, strobe, handle tray, strobe arm the whole ball of wax! what would you recomend, northing to hard to work or to big. it is for and old guy, just starting in out with picture taking.
thanks mike

That's just right for a P & S complete set-up.
Canon G-9, w/Ikelite housing and DS-125 Ikelite strobe?
Canon G-9 w/Canon housing and Inon S-2000W or Z-240 strobe.
Complete Sea & Sea DX-1G complete system with YS-110 strobe.
Canon A-640 w/Canon housing and Inon strobe.

Check the pink links for further info.

Definitely go with ikelite housing vs. canon housing, my canon housing only goes to 130 where as the ike lite goes to 200. I have a Canon 620 (7M) and the canon housing. No lite, FYI the flash on the camera itself is not that good it casts a shadow with the shape of the housing so if you can an external flash should help with that. I took the underwater photographer couse and it helped a lot. It might not seem that taking picutures underwater is that difficult but you first couple of dives will be interesting. I started taking photos with 120 dives and the first two made me feel like a novice again. Good luck and post some shots for us.

Beat to the punch on advocating the G9.. I am ordering my G9 probably early Oct. Still researching the housing options. One note though.. the Ikelite housing is not ready yet for the G9. According to Ikelite, it should be released in Oct though.. and they seemed very convincing that it would in fact be ready by then...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom