2 Weeks of Jan in Warm Water for Under £1k?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prof

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas? I'm UK based.

I guess Egypt immediately springs to mind but I want to head somewhere different really since I completed my DiveMaster in the Red Sea a few months ago and have done my fair share of diving there already. I'd like to see somewhere different, preferably with better chance of bigger fish.

Mozambique looks awesome and I could pack in 15 dives or so for around £250 which is great. On top of that living costs won't be extortionate for 2 weeks. However, the biggie is the flights as getting to Tofo doesn't seem like the easiest journey. From my reckoning a return flight is heading up to £1k on its own once you've flown out to Maputo and then have to find another flight to get you to Inhambane and back.

The Maldives looks excellent also and the flights there are direct and not so insanely pricey. However, the Maldives has a reputation for being very expensive once you've got there and I fear I'd go mega over budget.

I love a good wreck and I do plan to go to Malta at some stage but I'm of the understanding that conditions can be a bit neither here nor there in January. It's not gonna be as warm as I'd like and other weather factors like heavy winds can actually prevent access to some sites. Since it's relatively cheap to get there and do your thing, I think a trip to Malta is one for the warmer months for me.

Can anyone enlighten me on any other options or trash my thinking above and inform me somewhere is much cheaper than I envisaged? It's going to be pretty much have to be January if I can do it to fit in with my career plans. Likewise, I have to keep my costs down as much as possible. There'll be little luxury on this trip I'm sure - apart from the diving of course!

Back
Top Bottom