2 VERY nice days of Cancun diving Feb 25 & 26 2008!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billinwilliamston

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just throwing out a quick post to start this. I'll update with more photos, a video or two and lots of boring dribble once I'm back in the states.

Many, many thanks to the guys at Mayan Aqua Dive and all the new friends we made, both in the van and on the boat, for two days of very nice diving.

Here are two pictures. I have made no adjustments what so ever to the pictures, except to make them a polite size, so the colors leave a little to be desired. I’m guessing that by the end this will also server as a review of my new camera, a SeaLife ReefMaster Mini.

atwreck.jpg

Cheryl and me at the wreck (Hey Ben, what was the name of that wreck again?)

rockfish.jpg

A rock fish (or at least that's what Ulysses (sp?) told us it was called).

I JUST missed you guys! I would have dove with you yesterday if I was feeling up to it, and I regretted missing that perfect morning.

Photos look a bit soft focus wise, try holding the button down halfway, letting it focus, then taking the picture. Looks like fun! I'm going back in June for a week.

Hi all,

I thoroughly enjoyed diving the c-58 with you on Tuesday. Good thing we didn't have Wednesday's weather. That was definitely one of my favorite dives from the shipwreck to the large barracuda to the 20+ eagle rays, awesome. Thanks again Ben (Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives & PADI Courses) for providing a single diver with such outstanding customer service and a great dive experience.

The only bad thing is now I have to wait before I can do it again:)

Cheers,

Matt

Here's a few more photos (I have a feeling I'm going to be a man of few words).
entry.jpg

Seas were quite calm the first day. It doesn't get much easier than this.
ray.jpg

On our first decent we were greeted by a small welcoming committee.
fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

cudda.jpg

A few fishies.
school.jpg

A lot of fishies.
turtle.jpg

Just before our second ascent on day one, we had a friend bid us a fond fair well.

Holding the camera with one hand while trying to keep pace the current with nothing to grab ahold of makes this a rather shaky video. (excuses, excuses) I *think* you can tell it's a small eel that got tired of me after a while.

Ulysses.jpg

Some guys are a little smoother in the current than the rest of us.

That's it for now.

mikerault,

I'm not sure if the pics are out of focus or if the shutter speed was too slow or both.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom