(2) PST HP120 Cylinders - SINGLE OR DOUBLES CONFIG.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendigo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Description:
(2) PST HP120 Steel Cylinders:
Finish: hot-dip galvanizing.
Original Manufacturer Hydro: 03-01 / Last Hydro: 06-05
Cylinder Markings: DOT-E9791-3500 TP5250 1A B1 726767 E
Dimensions: 7.25”D X 27.87”H
Capacity/Weight: 122.5 cu Ft / 39.2 lbs
Service pressure: 3500psi
Buoyancy: Empty -1.3 lbs, Full -10.3 lbs
(1) Sherwood Isolator Manifold
(2) Sherwood Genesis DIN Valves with isolation plugs for use with Isolator manifold.
(1) Sherwood Genesis DIN Valve for setting up as individuals.
(2) Highland Millworks Tank Bands for doubles configuration.

Condition:
Good to Excellent – Cylinders have been used, but maintained to ensure no rusting or corrosion. Valves and bands look good as well.

History:
These cylinders were purchased in 2001 by the original owner and used on an expedition to the Andrea Doria from what I understand. I purchased the cylinders in June of 2005 from the original owner in Clarksville, TN.

Check out the spec sheet and you can compare the PST HP120 to other makes: Scuba Cylinder Specification Chart from Huron Scuba, Ann Arbor Michigan

The cylinders are currently set up as singles and I have been using them for recreational dives but it is a straightforward process to assemble them as doubles.

Additionally, I spoke to a friend and fellow diver who recently bought an almost identical rig (too bad I wasn't selling then) and asked what he paid to get an idea of what was a fair price. He bought 2 HP119s, tank bands (you cant even buy new Highland tank bands anymore, their are XS Scuba now) and the isolator manifold/valves. The price came in just under $1200 after taxes.

While the price is negotiable, don't bother with a low-ball offer; the cylinders may not be used on a regular basis, but they aren’t costing me anything to have around either. So like I said, the price is negotiable, but I am asking $600 for everything. I prefer local pick-up. However, if we agree on a price and you set up shipping, I will drop them off locally to the shipper as long as I am not having to box/crate them myself.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Chris

Awesome deal those won't last long. I would buy them but the 120's are abit too long for me.

Agreed, they do seem much longer than a typical AL80, but the odd thing is that they aren't much taller really. I was amazed when I set them beside an old Luxfer AL80 that they were not much larger. No doubts that they are heavier by about 10lbs though. Still, even if steel tanks are heavier, I hate AL cylinders and will always keep steel for my personal use.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope I can find these cylinders a good home.

Cylinders are sold, thanks for all the inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom