http://www.diveheart.org/

2 Marines (amputees) Ft Lauderdale AOW 11-6-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucy, I got some explaining to do. I promised Joyster that I would try to make it to dinner with these remarkable heroes, but got stuck at an after work function instead. Jeff, thanks to you and your crew at SFDH for providing the gear and trips for these men. And Big Daddy, thanks to your staff at Flannigans for helping to cap off a special day with meals for these soldiers. Kudos to everyone who has worked so hard to allow these soldiers to follow their dreams. We need more people like you to appreciate the sacrifices our armed forces have made for us.

Lucy, I got some explaining to do. I promised Joyster that I would try to make it to dinner with these remarkable heroes, but got stuck at an after work function instead. Jeff, thanks to you and your crew at SFDH for providing the gear and trips for these men. And Big Daddy, thanks to your staff at Flannigans for helping to cap off a special day with meals for these soldiers. Kudos to everyone who has worked so hard to allow these soldiers to follow their dreams. We need more people like you to appreciate the sacrifices our armed forces have made for us.

So true, Mikey!!! just a reminder, donations to SUDS are still needed to keep this effort going! :wink:

So true, Mikey!!! just a reminder, donations to SUDS are still needed to keep this effort going! :wink:

Marvel,

Mike said he would try to make it this evening. Would you or somebody please give him a call to let him know when and where? If you need his numbers, just drop me a pm. Thanks! :D

Yesterday diving with the SUDS (SUDS Diving > Welcome to SUDS) marines, Josh and Tim was fantastic. We went diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters who donated the dives for the marines. The first dive was The Captain Dan. They put up a new American Flag on the wreck, which was very touching. The second dive was a reef dive, "The Hook", which was quite fun. Tim and Josh did their navigation skills to complete their underwater skills for their AOW. Josh and Tim both pointed out many lobsters for Howard and me to get. Their were a lot of eggers which is good, but in the two days they pointed out 8 keepers which we will be sending them. After diving Josh and Tim completed the knowledge reviews to complete their AOW certifications! CONGRATULATIONS MARINES!!!! We then went out to the Village Grille Village Grille and Village Pump Lauderdale By The Sea who so graciously donated dinner and drinks for the marines. Thank you so much Village Grill!! This weekend has been a great success, we will be definately helping more SUDS soldiers and marines, to further their dive training. Thank you again to South Florida Diving Headquarters, Flannigan's, and The Village Grille for your support!!!

Let me tell you all, these guys rock when it comes to diving! They are phenomenal in the water! It was wonderful to see the joy on their faces that they got from the diving! It was a gift to be able to share this experience with them! I look forward to joining these heroes again, the next time that they are here to dive!

Here's a few photos from day 2...

DSC_00373.jpg

DSC_00095.jpg

DSC_00274.jpg

Josh and Tim are awesome guys with great attitudes and very good divers as well. It was an honor to dive with them last Friday. I strongly recommend that anyone who ever has a chance to participate in a SUDS dive takes advantage of the opportunity to dive with these heroes.

I just made a 3 minute video on Josh and Tim diving this weekend. Take a look...

Thanks everyone for your support with SUDS!!!!!

FABULOUS!!!! Thanks for the fantastic picture of them with the flag. I've got it as my screensaver. I thought my one-legged former husband was brave to get back on his Harley, but these guys rock! Congratulations to them and what a gift to help them become divers.

Back
Top Bottom