http://www.diveheart.org/

2 Marines (amputees) Ft Lauderdale AOW 11-6-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Muggsy and I will be meeting up with John Thompson (SUDS director) and 2 SUDS OW certified divers later this week (11-6-08) so that they can complete their advanced open water certification. We'll be diving for a second time with Tim (a Marine Lance Corporal) and his buddy Josh whom we've yet to meet. Tim is a single amputee, and Josh a double amputee. We're looking forward to seeing Tim again, and meeting his buddy Josh.

We're always looking forward to working with SUDS and diving with these heroes who served and sacrificed themselves in Iraq. If anyone in the Fort Lauderdale area would like to try to dive with us on these outings, let me know by posting here, or via PM.

WOO HOOO!!!!!

I wish I was going to be down there this weekend!!!

You just going the 6th?

Hey everyone,
We are going diving today; morning and afternoon with the SUDS soldiers Josh and Tim. SUDS Diving > Welcome to SUDS We are very excited that South Florida Diving Headquarters was kind enough to donate their dives and equipment. Thanks Jeff and Sherry from SFDH! If anyone wants to join us tonight we are all going to dinner at Flannigans on Atlantic, because they were so kind to donate dinner for a soldier. We would love to see you! Please help us support all of these soldiers! They deserve our support!

this is really COOL!!!

I wish I were in the area, I'd dive have dinner and DIVE with you folks!!

GRRR Stupid good diving in FL :)

Seriously thanks for everything you and H and SUDS do for these men and women!

n1403817747_30136347_9997.jpg

n1403817747_30136350_2545.jpg

n1403817747_30136355_9086.jpg

We just got back from an amazing day of 4 dives with South Florida Diving Headquarters! Thanks Jeff and Sherry! Just had dinner at Flannigan's, they were genorous enough to donate dinner and drinks for both SUDS soldiers, Josh and Tim. What an amazing day! Even the infamous ONESPEED came out to dive with the guys!Thank you all for your support! This weekend at last minute, has been going so perfectly, we are now planning on helping more SUDS soldiers to come to Ft. Lauderdale, every quarter, to keep diving and get their AOW!!!! So thank you from the bottom of my heart! The SUDS program is a truly life changing experience for these soldiers! If you would like to help out donations are tax deductible and greatly appreciated! We will continue to post updates and pictures. I took an hour of video today and we are planning to be able to post it soon on ScubaBoard. Getting up early to dive, so we will fill you all in tomorrow about the diving and festivities! Thanks again EVERYONE!

I had the pleasure of having dinner with everyone last night at Flannigan's. Can't go diving 'cause it's my turn for the stupid ball & cahin (aka the on call phone). As you can probably tell from the pictures that were posted, these guys take their diving SERIOUSLY! I can only express my deepest admiration for all the soldiers invovled in this program & for the SUDS organization for making it possible for them to learn how to face, & overcome, their disablilities. God bless them.

Just had dinner at Flannigan's, they were genorous enough to donate dinner and drinks for both SUDS soldiers, Josh and Tim.

Special thanks to S FL Dive Headquarters for providing free diving for the guys & to Flanigan's...they had orginally said that they would donate dinner for one soldier but wound up paying for both!

WOW!!!! This is so inspiring! Sure wish that I had been in town to join you all for the dives and dinner. And a special thanks to Flannigan's for providing meals for these heroes, as well as South Florida Diving Headquarters for making these dives possible.

Back
Top Bottom