2 lights: DRIS 1k Shorty primary/backup primary/backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aotus

Contributor
Reaction score
two lights. Both mostly the same, both claim 1k lumens, both solid performers, Both about 75 dives on them, but only deployed them occasionally to check they're still working or to compare with other lights.

Very good backup primary or slightly bulky backups. Super bright central beam, nice spill gives good peripheral illumination. When I first tried these out, my thought was, I probably could have just used one of these for a while if I wasn't ready to buy my UWLD canister light.

I'm interested in selling because I'd like all my backups/video lights to use the same batteries. I like these because they take AAs, but I've fallen in love with my BigBlue video lights, and I'm starting to not like having to count how many extra batteries of each type I need to bring.

1. DRIS 1k Shorty. This is the DV03, but they say they insisted on some improvements. I don't know what they are... It's nice, it actually has a serial number, it twists on very smoothly. $75+shipping

2. DV03,
unbranded version of the DRIS 1k shorty shipped from china. Works well, a little more power is required to twist it on, been meaning to add some grease for that reason. But, it works, so, I keep forgetting to "fix" it. Just as good, as far as I can tell, but I paid less for it, so, $50 +shipping

$100+shipping for both

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom