2 HP80 tanks, northern VA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novasquid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
looking to purchase 2 HP80 tanks in the northern va area, or can meet up at lake rawlings or dutch springs. budget is <$350. prefer current hydro and viz.

HP80 is an interesting choice for this area. Personally, I'd suggest LP85s. The LP85 is easier to fill (for our local tank fillers) and they have far more applications such as doubles, cave, and sidemount. You can also cram a hell of a lot more gas in an LP85 versus an HP80 if desired.

i'm finding the HP119's i bought are overkill for my wife and this area. i don't mind spending 2+ hours doing a shallow dive but the wife wants out after an hour, and the 119's are way too large for her smaller size.

i figured the LP tanks would be heavier than a comparable sized HP tank, but it looks like the LP85 is only slightly heavier.

I have 2 PST HP80's 3500psi DIN valves that I will be sending for hydro next week. Let me know if they will work for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom