2 Free Days in Bali - Recommendations Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkman211

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to Bali for a last minute work trip next week. I was able to tack on 2 days in the beginning of the trip to do some diving. Ideally I would like to stay at a dive resort to maximize diving time or I can stay where I have meetings later in the week, The Laguna Resort on the SE part of the island. I am an advanced diver and enjoy everything from relaxing drifts to challenging/physical dives. Quality of service, equipment, resort, etc is top priority... willing to spend what it takes to enjoy the brief amount of time I have there. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

Talk to Today (short for Ketut Gede Somadhyana) at aqua cat bali, the best travel to scuba diving / dive / diving in Bali, Indonesia He's my dive guide (DM) for the last 10 years in Bali. I go there about once a year since 2007. He arranges my dive & land tour, including transportation from airport to my hotel, hotel pickup, etc. Basically, everything. Tell him that Dan sends you to him & ask him to give you a good rate.

Talk to Today (short for Ketut Gede Somadhyana) at aqua cat bali, the best travel to scuba diving / dive / diving in Bali, Indonesia He's my dive guide (DM) for the last 10 years in Bali. I go there about once a year since 2007. He arranges my dive & land tour, including transportation from airport to my hotel, hotel pickup, etc. Basically, everything. Tell him that Dan sends you to him & ask him to give you a good rate.

Thank you Dan, I sent Mr Today an email and am looking forward to hearing back from him.

I would either go to Liberty Dive Resort in Tulamben or OK Divers in Padangbai. Both were fantastic.

Sanur is probably the part of Bali that is nearest to Nusa Penida. I would stay in Sanur and dive Nusa Penida with Bali Scuba. You would get 3 dives a day - Manta Point, Crystal Bay and 1 other. You may get a drift dive on the third dive if you tell them that you specifically want a drift.

I would not stay in the south and dive Tulamben or Padang Bai as I find the road journeys too long. I recall that the road transfer each way from Sanur to Tulamben was about 3 hours each way. Given the long transfer times, you would probably only get 2 dives a day.

FWIW, when I dived with Bali Scuba, I noticed that their staff were carrying the Nautilus Lifeline.

I would agree with the guys who said Padang bay. There are some nice drift dives there, plenty of fish. You could do one day there and one day at Liberty wreck or a day at Nusa Penida. The dive shops in PB are good and reliable. Its a small village and so its got a cozy feel (unlike Sanur). Easy to find your way around. Nice restaurants. It is way more low key and local than Sanur!! I dived with waterworks and most of the time it was just me an the guide, which was awesome. Nusa Penida is great fun - fantastic drift dive. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom