2 divers drown off Boynton inlet, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drperi1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
2 divers recently drowned off Boynton Inlet in Boynton Beach, FL. One diver was tangled in what appears to be his flag line, & his girlfriend, another diver, found him, surfaced, went back down, became entangled, & died. The deaths occurred in approx. 45' of water. Current information points to panic (based on the fact that their tanks had about 60 minutes' of gas, each). The first diver had a torn BC that apparently went unnoticed in a pre-dive check (there is no information pertaining to gear checks, or whether the dives carried knew how to use a dive knife or line-cutting shears). The number of dives each had, degree of training beyond OW, & how often they dove is also not currently known.

This type of tragedy, which unfolds itself in its many variations, points to poor or forgotten training, lack of skills/knowledge, possible errors in gear, and an inability to stop, think, and solve a problem at depth.

Condolences to the family (remaining unnamed),

I was working- I thought it occurred over te qweekend, that's what made the most sense. Any nfo that I didn't list? I'll look for the thread, as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom