2-3 week solo dive trip in April...where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bballnut90

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I'm planning a solo dive trip in April for 2-3 weeks. Have my AOW and 70 dives under my belt. I'm pretty wide open location wise (besides Komodo/Phillippines), but am looking for a spot that has great diving and hopefully a social atmosphere to meet other divers. Dive wise I'd like an area that has mix of good reef/pelagics. Last year I did a 10 day trip to Bunaken/Lembeh with Two Fish and loved the diving/atmosphere of the resort. Laid back and a younger crowd but private rooms with AC. I liked the walls of Bunaken a lot, so I'd like to go somewhere with comparable or better diving. Budget wise I'd like to stick to about $200/day for diving/lodging. In a perfect world, dive sites are within about a half hour of the resort but that isn't a deal breaker.

Anybody have any specific spots or resorts they've loved that might be a good fit? One thought was to go to Scuba Junkies in Mabul/Sipadan and then head down to East Kalimantan for 5-6 days and dive around there. Open to any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

One thought was to go to Scuba Junkies in Mabul/Sipadan and then head down to East Kalimantan for 5-6 days and dive around there. Open to any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Very good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom